SCHOLASTIC and OPEN
FEBRUARY 9th, 2019
All sections are USCF rated, and USCF memberships are available on site!
· Medomak Valley High School, 320 Manktown Road, Waldoboro, ME.
· Four sections:
o Open (3 round G/60, d5)
o U1600 (3 round G/60, d5)
o U1200 (4 round G/45, d5)
o U800 (4 round G/30, d5)
o Registration: 8:00 – 9:00 AM
o All rounds start promptly at 9:00 AM
o Open and U1600: 9:00, 11:30, 2:00 (half-point byes available before start of round 2)
o U1200: beginning at 9, rounds start as soon as possible
o U800: beginning at 9, rounds start as soon as possible
· Entry Fee:
o Open and U1600: $20 if registered by 2/8, $25 up to tournament date.
o U1200 and U800: $10 if registered by 2/8, $15 up to tournament date.
o Open and U1600:
§ 1st $72, 2nd $60 for 10 entries
§ 1st $84, 2nd $72, 3rd $60 for 20 entries
o U1200 and U800:
§ Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
· Tournament Director and Organizer: Michael Dudley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Bring boards, sets, and clocks, please!
· Refreshments and lunch available for purchase.
· Send checks for preregistration to: Keith Hill, c/o Medomak Valley High School, 320 Manktown Road, Waldoboro, ME, 04572. Make checks out to Medomak Valley HS; all proceeds benefit the MVHS Chess Club. Please write ‘MVHS Chess Tournament’ in the ‘Memo’ field of your check, and enclose name, section, and USCF ID!